The Work Health and Safety legislation in both Queensland and New South Wales makes the body corporate/owners corporation, as the controller of the common property in strata schemes, responsible for ensuring that these areas are safe for both occupants of and visitors to the scheme.
A Leary & Partners Work Health and Safety audit identifies potential hazards in the common property, assigns them a risk rating and recommends remedial action. The report provides:
- a summary of the relevant sections of the work health and safety legislation,
- a clear written description of the hazard and recommended remedial action, and
- colour photos of the hazards.
We specialise in workplace health and safety reports for schemes where there is a building management statement/strata management statement in place. Click here to learn more.
Please note: a Leary & Partners Work Health and Safety audit does not investigate the following:
- fire protection systems,
- electrical and gas systems,
- major equipment such as lifts and air conditioning units, and
- asbestos containing materials.
These items require specialist qualifications and/or licencing to assess. In most schemes, systems such as the fire protection system and lifts will already be tested/checked by other consultants.
If you would like to discuss this service please call us on freecall 1800 808 991 or email [email protected]